Monday, May 5, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!!!

I'm really frustrated that we can't get blogger to work right now.  It worked fine the first night and we haven't been able to access it since.  So I'm e-mailing this message home to at least give a brief update.  
 
Sunday morning we were able to go to Church.  How great to be clear across the planet and meet together with people of your own faith.  I always love going to Church in other places - especially other countries.  
We also went to the Great Wall - it was a perfect day - blue skies (which I'm told are rare here), nice temperature and just really beautiful.  We rode a chair lift up the mountain to get to the wall and then rode an alpine-like slide back down - what a hoot!
We then visited the summer palace, ate hot pots dinner and then back to the apartment.  
 
Today we did Tianamen Square, the Forbidden City, the park behind it and then lots and lots of shopping.  I'll write more later and add some funny photos if we can access blogger.  
 
But the important thing is that tomorrow is the big day.  We leave very early in the morning to fly to Changsha and then we should get Abigail shortly after that.  I'll figure out some way to post the details and the photos.  If anyone knows why it might not be working (we can't access any blogger site - let me know).  

 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Kelleen! I'm glad you guys are having a good time! I actually read an article yesterday about China blocking blogspot access. Click here for the story

It just happened over the weekend so that is why you could post the first time. Hopefully you can keep emailing the posts because we like reading about your adventure! Have a great day tomorrow!

Wendy said...

Kelleen,

Your email gave me the chills! I can't wait to see pictures of Abigail with her parents!

I know you are frustrated with the blogging, but the email worked fine!

Enjoy China!
Wendy

mumma to many said...

Enjoy today! as it will be early morning in China now! Hope that you manage to get your updates up! There are some of us here only to happy to help out!
Enjoy every moment!
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Leesa Maw said...

We are so excited and checking the website every few hours for updates. It's hard to believe this day is finally here and we will have a new little doll in our family. We already love her!!