Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday - The Great Wall & Summer Palace












I think I can post on here now. I just can't view what I've posted or view comments - so feel free to e-mail if you would like. We love to hear from everyone.




Sunday we were able to attend Church at the Beijing branch. The driver dropped us off at this high rise building and we just walked in and wondered how we would ever figure out where to go. We finally spotted a clean cut guy in church clothes carrying scriptures so we followed him up the elevator. We were able to attend Fast and Testimony Meeting so it was really great to hear from different people who are in the branch. What a great thing for us to belong to a worldwide church! We even got to meet Melissa's brother and his wife (I'm glad you told me about them Melissa - if you are reading this). They are there teaching English - how fun.




We left and headed to the Great Wall. Wow! It was a beautiful day - green and fresh from a rainstorm that I was afraid we'd be hiking in but it stopped just in time. We rode the chair lift up the mountain to get to the Wall and then rode the alpine-like slide back down. What a great time! It is such an amazing structure - my Dad's tour guide told them that the builders hiked up the mountain with a brick on their back - one at a time. Unbelievable. I took a picture of Shawn on the way down although it was against the rules and I wasn't sure what the punishment might be so I only got one.



We left there and went back to the Emperor's Summer Palace where our favorite image is this one - Dr. Suess meets the Emperors - we don't really know what this is but it is interesting. Oops the image went to the top of this post.

No comments: