Monday, March 3, 2008

Yong Xiao Sha!!!

We got it!!! I can't believe it has finally come - I just got the call!!!

Introducing: Yong Xiao Sha
Birthdate: Aug. 22, 2007
Length: 20 cm.
Weight: 6.75 kg.

Hunan Privince, Dao County Orphanage

I'll post photos when I can figure it out.

Yipee!!

UPDATE (3/04)
We finally got the photos - here she is.

Here's what we know:
She's a deep sleeper (Hurrah!)
She can stand with her hands holding onto support (I'm not sure if I believe that)
Picks up small items with her fingers
Holds blocks
Looks for dropped toy, etc. etc.
Laughs aloud
Knows name (now if we can pronounce it right)
Active
Likes music and toys
Obstinate sometimes (we're used to that)

We'll get more information tomorrow in English so I'll post more then. We should be traveling to pick her up the first 2 weeks of May.

10 comments:

the mommy said...

Congratulations we can't wait to see her pretty little face

Melissa said...

We are thrilled for you! She is beautiful! We do need to get together soon....

Carol said...

Yeah!!! We are so happy for you guys. What a blessing to finally be able to see your beautiful little girl. We are all thrilled for you and we will pray that everything goes smoothly until she is in your arms at last. Congratulations!!! Matt and Carol

aub said...

Long pregnancy, indeed! Congratulations Shawn and Kelleen! We love you and are so excited for you....
Love, The Servoss Family

Val said...

Congratulations!! She's lovely...I wonder if they call her ShaSha??? Our second daughter was named Zi Sha, and that's what they called her. Cute. :o)

Happy packing!!!
Val (from CDS)

Jeff and Valerie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful Dao girl. My sweet Dao girl, Malia, came home 15 months ago. She was healthy, sweet and VERY petite. Still is!!!

Kristy said...

She is beautiful! We are so excited for your family and can't wait to see her.

The Lassen Family said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you! May your travels be speedy (and un-eventful) :) What fun!

Jennifer said...

Kelleen I found you!! Kristy posted your blog on her blog and I am soo happy. Let's keep in touch!!

Ann said...

My internet has been down so even though my congratulations is late, it is fresh and heartfelt. Having been in a similar situation as Yong Xiao Sha, I know she will come to quickly realize how blessed she is to have parents like you and Shawn. Can't wait to meet her! Congratulations!

Ann